The Southwest Florida Workforce Development Board, Inc. is soliciting input for the Draft Regional Targeted Occupations List (TOL) for Region 24 (Charlotte, Collier, Glades, Hendry and Lee Counties) for the July 2016 – 2017 program year. The TOL will be used to determine which occupations are eligible for training reimbursement with Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) and other workforce funds. Training reimbursements are issued by Southwest Florida Workforce Development Board through our CareerSource Southwest Florida centers to authorized training providers for post-secondary occupational training, associate degree education and bachelor degree education which link to the TOL.
The current process allows for the addition of occupations on at least a quarterly basis.
Letters received by August 19, 2016 will be processed for submission at the September 9, 2016 meetings. Letters received by October 12, 2016 will be processed for submission at the November 9, 2016 meetings. For more information and to assist you in providing your input, we have provided links to the following documents:
- 2016 0726 Public Notice – Adding Occup to RTOL – Instructions
- 2016-2017 R24 RTOL 051216
- 2015-2023 Occupation Projections Region 24 121115
- 2015-2023 Occupation Projections Statewide 121115
- Standard Occupational Classification (SOC) Definitions 2010 updated Jan 2013
- 2016 0726 Sample Letter for Businesses to Submit Occups to Add to RTOL
Mary Anne Zurn
Planning & Grants Division Director
Southwest Florida Workforce Development Board, Inc.
9530 Marketplace Road, Suite 104
Fort Myers, FL 33912
Telephone: (239) 225-2500, Ext. 5229 Fax: (239) 225-2559